Monday, January 26, 2009

My Funny Experience


I had the funniest experience the other day so I thought I would put it on my blog.  So first off, a couple of years ago my dad bought my mom a beautiful brand new yellow corvette for Christmas. She has absolutely loved this car, and it is fun to see her drive it, even if the average speed is only 19.6 mph.  :)  Well anyways, I was having one of those days where it seems like everything is just going wrong.  I had just sold Erin's car a couple of days prior and we only had one car, so I had been driving my motorcycle to work, Brrrrrr.  (That will be a different post.)  But it had started to rain on this Friday and so I had to take the truck I just bought a week prior into work and leave Erin without a car.  The truck had been giving me problems earlier in the week so I decided to get it checked out.  Come to find out the previous owner had drilled small holes in the bottom of the floor for his amp, and had punctured the gas tank several times.  So now we were down to ZERO cars.  This is not the funny part, but it is helping set the stage...

Since my parents love me so much, for some odd reason,  they told me I could go and borrow the corvette, or as Jack calls it "Mimi's Car Yellow."  So I had to hitch a ride from the dealership to my parents house.  Once I got there, I was pretty excited to go and get the car.  So I ran and grabbed the keys, pulled the cover off, jumped in, shut the door and got ready to go.  In the new body style corvette everything is electronic even down to the door openers which are push button electronic releases.  So as I jumped in and got ready to start the car, I realized the battery was dead due to sitting all winter long.  "No big deal" I thought, as I was at my parents house anyways and my dad has every tool imaginable.  "I will just go and charge the battery and be on my way."   I said to my self.  So I go to get out and the door will not open.  Since the battery was dead, nothing worked on the car, not even the door opener.  There had been just enough battery to let me in, but not let me out.  Not knowing what to do to get out because the windows, the doors, nothing will work I was just stuck, I just started to laugh.  All you have to do is just picture this, the garage is dark with just a little bit of light coming through some of the windows and there is me, sitting all alone silent in "Mimi's Car Yellow"  I have to say, I sat there for about 10 minutes just laughing at my day, until I decided I need to get out.  So after a few minutes of searching, I finally found a leaver that I had no clue what it did, so I thought what the heck and I pulled it and the door popped open and I was finally free.  I spent about 15 minutes total in the car before being released and all i could do was just laugh about the situation.  So I thought I would share my fun experience with everyone 

3 comments:

Brandon and Tenille said...

Thanks for the good laugh it always makes my dad. That kind of luck sucks but its good you found the humor in it and were able to get out in only 15 minutes, most people would panic. Hope your car troubles will be over sooner than later those are never fun.....

brandonandlexee said...

Too bad you couldn't use that bad boy to drag state and pick up some chicks:0) That is a silly story Bri...I don't know what I would have done, probably flipped out!!! Someone would have found you eventually! Lets work on getting you ONE car that can do what it is supposed to do:)

karlin said...

Brian and Erin! I love the blog. I just came across yours from Holly Clarks. I'm a fellow blogger too. It's such a good way to keep in touch. I'll send you an invite... Jack and Sam are some of the cutest boys ever!